Guys, it’s mid-August already.
I am a summer baby and live for the 2-ish months out of the year where I don’t need to wear a jacket or pants that reach my ankles. My goal for the next few weeks (i’m praying for an indian summer), is to soak it all in, as much as I can. I’ve been thinking about what I love most about this flash in the pan season and I thought it would be nice to list some things that get me through the long, cold winter.
- not waking up in the dark
- lightning bugs
- not wearing a jacket
- Dolly’s Ices
- the smell of the morning
- torrential summer downpours
- coming inside from the heat to an air conditioned building
- lazy afternoons in the pool
- being tan
- the first shower after the beach/baking in the backyard
- mermaid hair (even though my hair constantly ignores my pleas to be mermaid-y)
- long days
- stoop nights
- pizza and vanilla swirl ice cream from L&B
- vitamin D – sunshine!
- fruit straight from the refrigerator
- mini golf
- a perfectly grilled cheeseburger
- my birthday
- Italian feasts/street fairs
- dining al fresco
- pina coladas
- laying in bed with the air conditioner blasting
What are your favorite things about summer? What do you think about during the winter to get you through?