Raise your hand if you watched the newest Mindy Project episode at midnight, when it went up.
if you haven’t watched yet, go and do that now and then come back. one, for possible spoilers and two, so we’re all on the same page. ok, are we all good now?
I think, since I can go on for days about this, I’m going to just stick to the highlights. Also, what I’m going to do to try to keep this entertaining, I’m going to search Tumblr for gifsets and then in the tradition of Hashtag Humpday, I’m going to hashtag the shit out of everything. Just go with me.
Were there more great little pieces of the episode? Sure. Honestly though, I couldn’t find them on Tumblr and I’m in a bit of a rush. Like Morgan’s face when he first saw the midwives on the train. I cracked up.
Also, let’s pretend that everything is centered. I don’t know why it won’t let me center the Tumblr stuff. #grr
I was sitting at lunch today mentally making a list of things to write about for my Friday Five. It was only after I made the list that I realized that today was Friday. It was a looong week, my friends. So now it’s 11:29 Friday night and I’m just starting to write my Friday Five post. procrastination at its finest.
1. It wouldn’t be a post from me if I didn’t mention Mindy so here we go. Tuesday’s episode – whoa, Mindy. If you haven’t watched it yet, go and do that now because I’m spoiling it in 3…2…1… OK. It was Peter’s last episode which makes me kind of upset because I started to really like him. He follows Lauren to Texas after a grand gesture in the airport. It was nice. I’m not Lauren’s biggest fan so the whole time I was all #byefelicia. But that’s just scratching the surface. Dr. Gurgler offered Mindy and Danny a spot in the fertility practice that he is opening in California. So, Mindy goes back to NY to talk to Danny about it but before she could get it out, he takes her to the brownstone he bought THEM in Harlem. swoon. He pulls up to the place and he says “Min, I bought this for us” or something. I was too busy swooning to pay close attention. Even when I watched it on Hulu the next day.
Anyway, the show goes on and at Peter’s going away party, Gurgler comes in and spills the news. Danny goes all Staten Island and storms out.
youse two.. i can’t.
He has a moment with Peter at the brownstone and finally goes back to Mindy’s, climbs into bed with her, and is just so adorable I couldn’t even stand it.
Apparently, Mindy goes back to California the next morning because she is back in her dorm room when Peter calls from his cab to the airport. They agree that they’re best friends (which I thought was cute but Tumblr was up in arms over this). Peter reminds her that he’s also her doctor and that her test results came back. Do you see where I’m going with this? YOU GUYS, MINDY IS PREGNANT! I know this was probably the longest entry for an item on a Friday Five list and I probably should have given it it’s own recap post, but I didn’t so you’ll have to just deal. Did you watch? Let’s discuss. Tuesday cannot come fast enough.
Ok, now that I’ve re-hashed the whole episode, found some more spoilers (I have to stay off Tumblr) and have sort of gotten my heart off the floor and back into my chest, let’s continue.
2. Silent Auction is over! hallelujah! Remember how I said I was running lead? Yea. Somewhere around Wednesday I found out that I was not, in fact, running the show. After that I decided that I wasn’t going to let this whole thing stress me out and my life immediately became easier. It’s not that I decided to drop the ball, but when I found out that someone else was in charge and there was nothing I could do about it, I climbed into the backseat and went along for the ride. The event went well and the projected totals seemed to be right on target. As for my donated photos, eh. I donated four and only two were sold. The Imagine/Strawberry Fields one and the one from Bow Bridge were the winners and both went for the opening bid of $25. A bit of a letdown considering they all went for more last year, but you win some, you lose some. We’re having a sale on the unbid items sometime next week so hopefully they get sold there. If not, I’m taking them home.
3. I’m still in love with Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran, but Sam Smith’s new song is creeping up to second place. I’ll put the video here. Get out your tissues.
4. Did everyone see the Saved by the Bell reunion on Jimmy Fallon? First of all, I’m going to need whatever water is running through the pipes at Bayside High School because none of them have aged. Except Mr. Belding. I honestly thought he was sick for a minute. As far as I know he’s not. (I think I get that from my mom. Whenever someone’s look changes drastically for the worse, my mother always assumes they’re sick.) Anyway, everyone else looks fantastic. Noticeably absent were Screech and Lisa. They didn’t mention them in the skit but I could only assume that they were taking rides on the hot mess express. (Did you see the Lifetime SBTB movie Dustin Diamond made? It was good, but it’s time to box up those feelings and move on. The fact that he just got arrested probably didn’t help either. And poor Lark Voorhies. I hope her lawyer is better than her plastic surgeon because I would sue the botox out of him/her. I’m not trying to be mean- Google her.) Putting all of that aside, lace up your Keds and take a walk down memory lane.
5. I normally don’t do outfit posts or even mention my outfits but I am in love what I wore on Thursday for the auction. Please excuse my awkward bathroom mirror selfies. I was trying to be quick and to be honest, I don’t know how to take a mirror selfie. because i’m lame.
These are worse than I thought. Anyway, my pants are navy and I’ve had them forever. My top is from Dressbarn. It’s a cream with gold polka dot tank top. I don’t usually ever tuck my shirt into my pants but this top is pretty long and since I’m short I thought the long top with the long cardigan made me look disheveled. The cardigan is from Forever 21+. It is HOT pink and I’m in love. The night before I wrapped my hair in a headband for some heatless curling action. It’s usually pretty hit or miss because my hair gets pretty temperamental, but I think this time it got over itself and did what it was supposed to.
Woof. This was way longer than I expected. How was your week? Any thoughts on Mindy? Who do you want to see Jimmy Fallon reunite next? (The Fresh Prince? Growing Pains? Family Matters? The possibilities are endless.)
I don’t have a lot of time to write this so I’m going to get right to it. And if you’re wondering, no, there won’t be alliterative titles for these post every time. I just got lucky this week.
I just found out this afternoon that Fox has ordered more episodes for The Mindy Project! So now season 3 will have 21 episodes and I couldn’t be happier! Maybe next week I won’t include something TMP related, but for now let me live.
I am addicted to the dollar sections in stores like Target and Michaels. I know I said that last week, but I only mentioned Target. I have now found the greatness that is Michaels’ dollar section (ok, $1.50 section). I found two stamp pads and a huge “M” stamp for $1.50 each today.
I got a haircut yesterday and I’m in love. My hair used to be pretty far down my back. Like so far that if I looked up, the bottom of it would touch my coolie (i’m sorry, i just think the word ass in this situation is just wrong. not vulgar, it just doesn’t fit). Now it’s just past my shoulders and layer-y and i have some sidebangs. love!
I went to 5Below today and picked up some glitter nail polishes. They were 3 for $5, so naturally, I got 4.
Pep Rally, which is a neon glitter
Fra-gee-lay – a red, white and green sparkle; (dupe for Orly’s Tinsel) perfect for Christmas or Columbus Day
Unicorn Poop – my favorite. big, rainbow colored, round confetti glitter.
In the Flash, which isn’t a glitter. It’s a muted gold like Orly’s Luxe.
5. My Ipsy bag was on point this month. The theme is “Girl Meets Glitter” hello! I was losing hope because the last few months were eh for me but this one was great!
I’m linking up! Click the buttons over there —> to check out everybody else’s Friday Five!
It’s only been two days since blogtober finished and I already miss posting everyday. It’s just that I don’t know what to write about; how to proceed. It was great having those prompts everyday so I didn’t have to think of a topic. They were just there for me to shape them as I saw fit. The thing is, I don’t want to have a blog full of prompts. I want to write about something new and exciting every time I decide to post. Except that I am not new or exciting. For example, right now I’m stuck at work. It’s Sunday, so it’s quiet. As it was yesterday when I was here also. I have had a headache since I woke up this morning and I want to be home in bed watching the Girl Code marathon that I found just before I had to leave (of course). I don’t feel funny or entertaining; just cold and slightly annoyed. And a little bit bored hungry. You know, when you’re bored so you think it’s cool to eat everything in sight? Yea. I’m at that point.
However, being a Negative Nancy is worse than not writing at all, in my opinion, so I’ve decided to make a list of things. Things that I’m looking forward to, things that are making me happy at the moment. THINGS.
First and foremost, The Mindy Project comes back on Tuesday. hallelujah. I can’t wait. I probably shouldn’t admit the amount of withdrawal I went through for the past two weeks (because it’s embarrassing), but let me tell you, it wasn’t pretty. Anyway, Mindy and Danny are back and all is right with the (my) world. (and just to be really annoying about things: #fullseasonformindy – just in case that’s still a thing)
Speaking of comebacks, the paisans we all know and love are making a return to television! That’s right, kids – Growing UpGotti is back! Actually, A&E is doing a sort of “where are they now” special but still, I’ve waited almost 10 years for it. (again, saying too much) Is there hope for a new series or a DVD release? I sure hope so! (note: i am fully aware that i need a life. christmas is coming; maybe there will finally be one under the tree.)
i feel no guilt in this pleasure
The day before Halloween I found myself in Target. Before I knew what was happening, I had the new Taylor Swift CD in my cart. (#TS1989) Shortly thereafter, I was paying for the new Taylor Swift CD and taking it home. Must have been that Target Trance that we all know so well. I’m not the biggest Taylor Swift fan but I do enjoy some Harry Styles and any chance I get to hear about him what goes on behind his closed doors, I’m taking it. There’s been some speculation as to which songs are about him on this album. I’m not going to take any guesses but I could tell you two songs that I definitely hope are about him. Wildest Dreams and Out of the Woods. (i tried to include a video for wildest dreams here but youtube has been deleting the audio from them to protect the rights.rude. so if the video below doesn’t work try previewing them on itunes.)
After Target I wound up in Ulta, where I found a nail stamping kit from Essence. I’ve been looking for one for a while now because I can paint my nails but decorating them is another story. I finally got a chance to open the kit last night and play around with it. It’s a simple concept- paint the stencil and even out the paint, stamp the picture on the stamper, roll on to your nail, repeat. Tell me why I could not, for the life of me, get it to work. Anyway, I ordered some other stencil plates from Born Pretty Store and hopefully I’ll get my technique down before they come. If anyone has any experience with this stuff, let me in on your secrets in the comments!
I guess that’s the end of my list of things. I don’t even know how to sign off anymore. I most likely will not post tomorrow so “see you tomorrow” is out. Maybe I’ll just borrow from my aunt’s answering machine and leave it at:
Today’s prompt is “favorite quote and why”. I decided to make this post extremely visual because, as usual, I couldn’t choose just one and I found or made one of those word pictures (you’ll see what I mean) for each one of them. I don’t know how much explaining I’m going to be doing because it’s all going to come out like “I like this one because I like it.” I mean, I’m striving for the utmost in quality here and that’s not quality.
I’ll start with Plato because after looking through the other ones I’ve chosen, I feel like I should make myself look deep and introspective.
See, a word picture. Yea, I don’t know what they’re called either. Anyway, I love this quote and it’s something I’ve lived by for a while now. I always try to smile at people who I pass in the street or at work. You never know what’s going on in someone else’s life, no matter what kind of front they put on. Kindness is like strong perfume – a little of it goes a long way.
I’ve loved this quote for a while now. It puts things into perspective.
The next two are from my newest woman crush, Mindy Kaling/Lahiri. If you don’t watch The Mindy Project, you should start. It’s great and I love it and, while we’re at it, it needs a full third season so #fullseasonformindy.
Kate Spade, to me, exemplifies the woman that I want to be. When I think of her brand, I think of New York socialites running around the city without a care in the world. Her brand is fun, flirty and timeless. I’m not trying to suck up, but if it worked and if someone who has the power to hire over at Kate Spade corporate is reading this, HIRE ME PLEASE. Even if you need someone to staple papers together – I’ll do it! For a nice salary, great benefits, some perks (like a great employee discount), and quite frankly, my own desk, of course. Ehh, I’ll even settle for just the desk, salary and dental.
The next two aren’t from Kate Spade but they fit into that “I’m a carefree New York socialite” vibe.
And finally, a post about quotes wouldn’t be complete without Brooklyn’s own, The Notorious BIG.
I’m sure there’s more but I’ll end it for now. Check my instagram (@maaaartinaaaa) because I post these word pictures often. Will I ever figure out a name for these things?
Mindy: Hey, Danny, are you making sausage and meatballs? It’s OK if you’re not. I just want to mentally prepare for disappointment.
Danny: I’m making both.
Mindy: Oh, Thank God.
This sounds like a conversation that I’ve had with my mom on any given Sauce Sunday.
One step closer to being best friends with Dr. Mindy Lahiri. If only she wasn’t fictional.
i just re-watched this episode and just noticed the small, almost imperceptible smile that danny has on his face when mindy asks him about the meatballs. it’s adorable and i love it. did anyone else notice it?