*taps glass with a knife*
Listen up! I have an announcement.
Hey! Phones down, eyes on me.
I’ll make it quick.
I JOINED WEIGHT WATCHERS
Now, that’s not to say that this blog is changing into anything resembling a healthy living/fitness blog. Not at all. I do, however, plan on using it for accountability and for posterity’s sake so I can look back on days where I feel like it’s not working or if I (God forbid) plateau. Also, same for my blog in general, if there’s someone out there who finds this blog and can relate, connect, enjoy, then great! I’d love to hear from you.
I want to give an overview of what I’m loving, how I’m feeling, what’s generally going on. I’m going to put it out there that for right now I am not going to share the number on the scale. Maybe one day, when I hit/come close enough to goal but definitely not now.
- my clothes weren’t fitting right.
- clothing choices, in general, were becoming very limited (that’s a peeve of mine that i’ve talked about before and doesn’t necessarily have to 100% to do with my weight.)
- i wasn’t feeling right. (dizzy for no reason, aches & pains)
- i didn’t like what i saw in the mirror. (different and apart from clothes and clothing choices.)
- it was time.
I’ve always said you have to be mentally ready to start a diet. For the longest time, I was not ready. I may have been ready to not be fat anymore, but mentally all I wanted to do about it was eat more. A few weeks ago, I was scrolling through the Instagram explore page and I came across a few weight watcher accounts. My first thought was I’ll just get a few ideas for some healthier eating options and hopefully that will work. Then I started to really look at before and after pictures and my thoughts turned into if they can do it, I can do it, and more importantly, I want an after selfie.
After that, my mind was pretty much all in. So, I got to work. I hired a chef and by chef, I mean my mom, made a grocery list and, honestly, haven’t looked back.
THE SKINNY (if you will)
I didn’t take any specific before pictures (or measurements for that matter. so organized. very put together.), but I have a few that will eventually make the #transformationtuesday collages of the future.
I signed up for the online-only option. This means that I do my weigh-ins and tracking on my own. I’m not sure what the deal is if I want to join in on a meeting. I’m guessing I’d either pay a one time fee for that meeting or I’d have to upgrade my plan. The app has a Connect section, which is like a 24/7 meeting. It’s a safe, judgment-free zone space where you can ask questions about the program, ideas for low point meals, a place to vent, share frustrations, and celebrate scale and non-scale victories. And I don’t even have to put pants on. #bless.
- as of right now, at this moment (about 5 weeks in, i’ve been delayed), I have lost 14.5 pounds.
- some of my clothes are fitting better/looser. the jacket in the picture above of me in front of the mural was very tight, bordering on uncomfortable/unwearable.
- i’ve found amazing food blogs for recipes. eventually, i’ll compile a list of favorites and post them.
- i’m aware of what i’m eating. weight watchers isn’t a restrictive diet at all. they teach you to eat in moderation and to focus on portion control. i’ve passed on more things to have something else (meaning, not having a bag of chips with lunch so that i could maybe have a second helping at dinner).
- i’ve been drinking more water. i haven’t given up my beloved diet coke totally yet, but i’ve definitely upped my water intake.
THE NOT SO GOOD
- i’ve never thought about food more in my entire life. and i constantly think about food.
- i know i have a ways to go, but i don’t see a change in my face. that’s was another thing that prompted me to join and i would love to see my at least one of my chins disappear.
- no one has really noticed. my mom, yea. her hard work is paying off so she’s noticing. after i mention it to people, they’ll tell me i look good and to keep it up, but, like on mother’s day i was with family that i hadn’t really seen since i started and no one noticed or said anything. i know it will come, but it would be nice to hear it out in the wild.
- with more water, comes more peeing (sorry.). also, i haven’t seen a change in my skin. it still feels like sandpaper. my skin is not usually dull, but it always feels dry. i was hoping with more water, it would feel better. nope.
- i’m eating alot of chicken. not that it’s a bad thing, it’s just that i could easily find myself getting bored. i am trying to keep on top of my new found food blogs and instagram accounts for any and all ideas for meals, snacks, tips, tricks, and hacks.
- i don’t want to work out. i don’t have a gym close to my house and the one that i was thinking about joining because my cousins go there is 20 minutes away from me. if i don’t want to go to the gym in the first place, why would i want to drive 20 minutes away from my couch to go? the good thing is, the weather is *supposedly* getting better and i do happen to live walking distance to a park.
- maybe TMI, but aunt flo has not joined me on this wild ride. if she doesn’t show up in the next few days, i’ll have missed her twice. i know my body is changing and that this happens sometimes, but she needs to catch up.
So, that’s what’s been going on with me for the last 5ish weeks. Literally – it’s the only thing that’s been going on. Like I said, I’ll put together a list of favorites. Some of the recipes I’ve tried are so good, I’d recommend them even if you aren’t trying to lose weight.
If you are on/have done Weight Watchers (fairly recently) and you have blogs I should follow or food ideas, send them my way!
I weigh in on Thursday mornings, so if I could focus and start a series of weight loss posts, they’d be up sometime on Friday. Sound good? Interesting? I’m not making any promises (as usual).