Lately I’ve been toying with the idea of making Youtube videos. By toying, I mean that I’ve thought about it, remembered that I hate how my voice sounds on camera, realized I’d have to edit the videos, and then ultimately decided against it. Added to that is the fact that I’m not a consistent blogger so I probably wouldn’t be a consistent vlogger and my life is so painfully boring I wouldn’t want to watch it – it’s bad enough that I have to live it.
All of this being said, there are people who do actually keep up with making videos, boring life and all. I’ll admit, I looove watching them. I have made them a part of my nightly routine. Sometimes I’ll watch them while I paint my nails or I’ll have them on in the background while I do my online (window) shopping. I usually stick to vlogs and makeup videos with a sprinkling of planner and book ones in between.
It’s been a while since I’ve started to watch YouTube regularly so, of course, I have commentary about most of them.
Things I Say To Myself While Watching YouTube Videos
- oohhh a drugstore haul! what’s new at Ulta?
- $16.99 for drugstore foundation? who am i, rockefeller? it’s definitely not worth it.
- but her skin looks perfect. maybe it is worth it.
- how does she get her skin so flawless?
- let me search for her foundation routine.
- ok, here we go. the secret to perfect looking skin.
- of course, a beauty blender.
- i’m not spending over $20 ON A SPONGE.
- what (makeup product) is she wearing?
- let me check the info box
- how do i have loads of makeup, most of it recommended by these ladies and yet, i have nothing i need for this tutorial?
- hmmm.. (brand) came out with new stuff. let’s check it out.
- how can i get these companies to send me all of their new products for free?
- omg that lipstick. i NEED it.
- but it looks so similar to the 10 other red lipsticks that i already have.
- nope, still need it.
- seriously, how do they get this stuff FOR FREE?
- that highlighter is gorgeous!
- i don’t know how to use highlighter
- let me see if she’s got a highlight/contour tutorial.
- i could totally do this.
- this looks very involved.
- forget it. just like winged eyeliner, this isn’t going to happen.
- let’s look up how kim kardashian (k)ontours.
- how does she wear that much makeup?
- does she even have a face under all of that?
- i prefer a fresher face anyway.
- vlog time!
- how do they not leave the house?
- oh. right. i didn’t leave the house yesterday at.all. #judgementfreezone
- maybe i should vlog.
- your voice is annoying, martina.
- and your accent scares small children.
- ooohh.. a target run! yessss
- my dollar spot isn’t that big
- i have to go to target.
- my target is so disappointing.
- maybe i’ll go tomorrow.
- your kids are cute, but i don’t need to watch them play for 10 minutes in a 17 minute vlog.
- seems like bath and body works had a sale.
- am i the only person in the world who has a serious aversion to sweet smells?
- on the real, what’s up with all the candy/vanilla/ fruit scents?
- why does everyone want to smell like a carnival?
- idk. call me crazy but it seems like everything in bath and body smells the same.
- i need reading suggestions
- a book haul? don’t mind if i do.
- i wish i had room for that many books.
- i’d be like belle, riding a ladder at the book shop.
- little town, it’s a quiet village…
- if you have the book on your kindle, your nook and a hard covered copy why do you need it in soft cover?
- like your two copies of titanic and the little mermaid on dvd? right, martina. #judgementfreezone.
- oh. that was the last new video in my subscription box?
- maybe i’ll go and blog now.
I’ll leave links to the people I watch regularly, if you want to check them out!
Who do you like to watch?