GUUUUYYYSSSS- I had so much to write about this Friday. HAD. I forgot it all. I need to start writing things down. I’m going to try to dig deep into my Swiss cheese brain and put together everything I’m loving this week.
- One Direction’s latest album came out a week ago. They all sound amazing but Harry and Liam slayyy on this album. There’s been rumors that this is their answer to Taylor’s 1989. And, no, I wasn’t the one who started them. Honestly, I give the people who think of/notice these things a ton of credit. Where do you find the time? Don’t get me wrong – I looove overanalyzing celebrity relationships but I think I have to draw the line at combing over each song line by line, comparing it to what Taylor wrote. I also think they put things in songs to rile the fans up. those jokesters.
1a. This tweet made me so happy. I can’t deal.
2. Speaking of British musicians, Adele’s (much anticipated) album came out today. Target has three extra songs on their version so I guess I’m making a Target run today.
MOVE OVER ELIZABETH, ADELE IS QUEEN.
I know I included this video in my last post but I just love it. I love her whole attitude, like I’m here to tear shit up. LET’S GO. #getitgirl
3. My mom started watching Call the Midwife on Netflix and wouldn’t stop talking about it so, always one to follow the crowd, I started it too. If you don’t know what it’s all about, it’s set in the late 50’s at a convent in London’s East End. It’s follows the story of a young midwife who is new and not used to living in/around poverty. It’s based on a true story. I’m doing a horrible job of describing it so just take my word for it. It’s a little slow if you aren’t used to PBS originals, but all of the characters are likable which is really nice. Oh, and guess who plays one of the nuns- Pam Ferris. You may know her as THE TRUNCHBULL.
4. Lisa and I went into the city last week, Friday to be exact. We had just started to hear about what was happening in Paris. On the corner of 6th Avenue and 51st Street (? it was a block away from Radio City) I came across this statue. I took more pictures that night but I think this one is relevant and the others can wait.
I’m not going to talk about Paris or what else is going on in the world because, quite frankly, it scares me. I know it scares everyone but I just can’t think about all of it right now. They say to not live in fear and to carry on with your life, which will make the bad guys lose. So, if you don’t mind, I’m just going to live in my bubble for right now.
5. I don’t really have a fifth item, or maybe I did but since I didn’t write anything down, I guess we’ll never know. I’m just going to insert a picture of my coworkers and I after the Thanksgiving Dinner event. If you follow me on instagram you probably saw this already. #sorrynotsorry.
As a bonus, here’s a picture in my apron, because I’m so domestic.
Still waiting for my pearls and a martini.
This Sunday are the AMAs – who’s watching? I can’t promise I’ll live – tweet the event but I’ll definitely be somewhere on the internet, lurking.
What’s going on with you?