Earlier this week (late last week?), I was nominated for the Dragon’s Loyalty Award. This time by Elizabeth. Thanks so much and welcome back! In case you aren’t familiar with this award, here are the rules.
- Put the award’s logo on your post.
- Thank the person who nominated you and put a link to their blog.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers.
- Let your nominees know you have nominated them.
- Post 7 facts about yourself.
Not to be difficult, but I’m going to have to make some changes. First, I’m going to make this open to whoever wants to do it. Tag me in your post so I can see it! Second, and this isn’t a rule change but… you’ll see.
When I commented on Elizabeth’s post to thank her, we had a small conversation about accents and I mentioned that I should do a post written in my heavy Brooklyn accent. Well, I don’t think this blog is ready for a whole post of that but I’m going to try to write my seven facts that way. Let’s see how this goes. Brooklyn starts… NOW
Hea’s the problem- I can’t think of any facts about myself, let alone seven.
- I watched The Unautharized Full Howse movie on Lifetime last weekend and I definitely wasn’t impressed. After I got past the hair, it was almost impossable ta get ova tha blatant disregard of what tha set akshually looked like. More than that, it didn’t show much of tha drama that sapposedly went on. Like, Bob Saget coming to work high most of tha time. They showed him, Dave Coulier and John Stamos huffing whipped cream befawr a shoot but that was abowt it.
That being sed, I’m still totally looking foward to Fulla Howse on Netflix next year.
- I’m obsessed with tha new Town Howse Foccacia crackas. Specifically tha rosemary and sea sawlt flava. SO. FREAKIN. GOOD.
- Lately, baleeve it or not, I’ve had so many ideas for posts that I bought myself a planna. I was planning out awl of my posts and when they’d go up and started to feel supa orga-nized; like a real blogga. Then I realized that just becawse I wrote things down and planned them owt, doesn’t mean they would ackshually come to be. I’ve been putting things awf and then I can’t figure owt where I got so awf track. Um, it’s a planna, not magic.
- I’ve been ta Disney once in my life. Due ta poor planning, we neva made it to tha Magic Kingdom. So basiclee, I went all tha way ta Florida and neva even met a Princess, neva rode a teacup. I think I need a do- ova.
- I think I mentioned this befawr, but when I was in first grade the New York Aquarium was celabrating the birth of Baby Baluga. My class was asked ta join the the fetivaties and come to sing with Raffi. We were apparently filmed by PBS becawse I saw our little faces years later while I was flipping through tha channels early one morning. I’ve tried to contact both the Aquarium and PBS fowr a copy of the video but no one has it. So, if anyone has an in with PBS (or someone who can help in my search), please let me know!
- Owa air conditona at work is extremely unreliable so we have those heavy duty fans all ova tha building. I can’t stand them. I’d ratha sweat for 8 owas than keep them on awl day. Really, they remind me of summa school, they’re loud (and I can’t heea) and they put me to sleep. Yea, tha last one is a mistary to me too.
- I think I’m regretting tha decision to write these facts this way. I feel like I belong on an epasode of Tha Sopranos. Just cawl me Martina Walnuts.
Now, that’s enougha that.
That wan’t too painful, was it? It was a teesy bit mortifying for me but, hey I am who I am. I love my accent. There’s a video of me on my communion day where my mom is telling me how proud she is and how happy she is and I look dead at the camera and say “Awr you gonna cry?” Like I belonged on Jersey Shore. If I could figure out how to get it on to my computer and post it, I will.
Anyway, thanks again, Elizabeth for the nomination!
If you need any help figuring out what was said above, leave me a comment and I’ll help you out!
Did anyone else watch the Full House movie?