I was sitting at lunch today mentally making a list of things to write about for my Friday Five. It was only after I made the list that I realized that today was Friday. It was a looong week, my friends. So now it’s 11:29 Friday night and I’m just starting to write my Friday Five post. procrastination at its finest.
1. It wouldn’t be a post from me if I didn’t mention Mindy so here we go. Tuesday’s episode – whoa, Mindy. If you haven’t watched it yet, go and do that now because I’m spoiling it in 3…2…1… OK. It was Peter’s last episode which makes me kind of upset because I started to really like him. He follows Lauren to Texas after a grand gesture in the airport. It was nice. I’m not Lauren’s biggest fan so the whole time I was all #byefelicia. But that’s just scratching the surface. Dr. Gurgler offered Mindy and Danny a spot in the fertility practice that he is opening in California. So, Mindy goes back to NY to talk to Danny about it but before she could get it out, he takes her to the brownstone he bought THEM in Harlem. swoon. He pulls up to the place and he says “Min, I bought this for us” or something. I was too busy swooning to pay close attention. Even when I watched it on Hulu the next day.
Anyway, the show goes on and at Peter’s going away party, Gurgler comes in and spills the news. Danny goes all Staten Island and storms out.
He has a moment with Peter at the brownstone and finally goes back to Mindy’s, climbs into bed with her, and is just so adorable I couldn’t even stand it.
Apparently, Mindy goes back to California the next morning because she is back in her dorm room when Peter calls from his cab to the airport. They agree that they’re best friends (which I thought was cute but Tumblr was up in arms over this). Peter reminds her that he’s also her doctor and that her test results came back. Do you see where I’m going with this? YOU GUYS, MINDY IS PREGNANT! I know this was probably the longest entry for an item on a Friday Five list and I probably should have given it it’s own recap post, but I didn’t so you’ll have to just deal. Did you watch? Let’s discuss. Tuesday cannot come fast enough.
Ok, now that I’ve re-hashed the whole episode, found some more spoilers (I have to stay off Tumblr) and have sort of gotten my heart off the floor and back into my chest, let’s continue.
2. Silent Auction is over! hallelujah! Remember how I said I was running lead? Yea. Somewhere around Wednesday I found out that I was not, in fact, running the show. After that I decided that I wasn’t going to let this whole thing stress me out and my life immediately became easier. It’s not that I decided to drop the ball, but when I found out that someone else was in charge and there was nothing I could do about it, I climbed into the backseat and went along for the ride. The event went well and the projected totals seemed to be right on target. As for my donated photos, eh. I donated four and only two were sold. The Imagine/Strawberry Fields one and the one from Bow Bridge were the winners and both went for the opening bid of $25. A bit of a letdown considering they all went for more last year, but you win some, you lose some. We’re having a sale on the unbid items sometime next week so hopefully they get sold there. If not, I’m taking them home.
3. I’m still in love with Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran, but Sam Smith’s new song is creeping up to second place. I’ll put the video here. Get out your tissues.
4. Did everyone see the Saved by the Bell reunion on Jimmy Fallon? First of all, I’m going to need whatever water is running through the pipes at Bayside High School because none of them have aged. Except Mr. Belding. I honestly thought he was sick for a minute. As far as I know he’s not. (I think I get that from my mom. Whenever someone’s look changes drastically for the worse, my mother always assumes they’re sick.) Anyway, everyone else looks fantastic. Noticeably absent were Screech and Lisa. They didn’t mention them in the skit but I could only assume that they were taking rides on the hot mess express. (Did you see the Lifetime SBTB movie Dustin Diamond made? It was good, but it’s time to box up those feelings and move on. The fact that he just got arrested probably didn’t help either. And poor Lark Voorhies. I hope her lawyer is better than her plastic surgeon because I would sue the botox out of him/her. I’m not trying to be mean- Google her.) Putting all of that aside, lace up your Keds and take a walk down memory lane.
5. I normally don’t do outfit posts or even mention my outfits but I am in love what I wore on Thursday for the auction. Please excuse my awkward bathroom mirror selfies. I was trying to be quick and to be honest, I don’t know how to take a mirror selfie. because i’m lame.
These are worse than I thought. Anyway, my pants are navy and I’ve had them forever. My top is from Dressbarn. It’s a cream with gold polka dot tank top. I don’t usually ever tuck my shirt into my pants but this top is pretty long and since I’m short I thought the long top with the long cardigan made me look disheveled. The cardigan is from Forever 21+. It is HOT pink and I’m in love. The night before I wrapped my hair in a headband for some heatless curling action. It’s usually pretty hit or miss because my hair gets pretty temperamental, but I think this time it got over itself and did what it was supposed to.
Woof. This was way longer than I expected. How was your week? Any thoughts on Mindy? Who do you want to see Jimmy Fallon reunite next? (The Fresh Prince? Growing Pains? Family Matters? The possibilities are endless.)