Day Six- now in the mix!
Moving right along with Blogtober, day six wants to know 10 things you told yourself when you first started blogging. Luckily, I love lists and I love talking to myself.
- Here we go again. LET’S DO THIS!
- You need to blog everyday. Every other day? At least once a month. Are you ever going to post again?
- You’re too boring to blog. And your use of commas is appalling.
- It won’t take long to gain followers. (it feels like it’s taking for.ev.rrrrr.)
- Stop being so hard on yourself.
- Thinking of post titles won’t be hard. (it might be the worst part of blogging.)
- Should I use real names? Yes. unless the innocent need protecting.
- Create good content and followers will come.
- Stats don’t matter. Don’t obsess over them. Stop looking at them. Why are they so inaccurate? (seriously, if anyone knows how to get a reliable site stat tracker on a wordpress.com site, please let me know. teach me your ways.)
- You’ll get tons of feedback. From loads of people. (nope. not even a “you suck” or “omg you’re so funny! can we be best friends?”)
I don’t know how I feel about the direction this post went in, but I’m going to post it anyway because I made a promise to myself at the beginning of this endeavor that I would see it through. This blog isn’t a year old yet so I’m still telling myself these things. Especially the commas. I don’t even like commas; I much prefer a nice semi-colon, but I’m not 100% sure how and where to use them. There goes all of my credibility.
Thank God I could spell.