Guys, today is a big day! Not only did One Direction’s new album, Four, come out, which I will probably write about tomorrow because I have other big news. Today was also the day that I got nominated for the Liebster Award – twice!
“THEY LIKE ME, THEY REALLY LIKE ME!”
The rules for this award are:
- answer the 11 questions that the person that nominated you gave you
- list 11 facts about yourself
- name 11 bloggers to nominate for the Liebster Award that have under 200 followers
- give your nominees 11 questions to answer
I have to make some compromises. I’ll answer the questions from both people that nominated me, but I can’t promise that I’ll list 22 facts about myself or be able to nominate 22 other bloggers. i’ll try.
The first person to nominate me today was Ali over at Ali Rose. Thank you so much Ali!
Her questions were:
1. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
A few things, actually. I love seeing my stats go up. Before you write me off as an egotistical person, hear me out. If my stats go up, people are reading my blog. And if people are reading it, they might be telling their friends about it. And if people are talking about it, my spot on Dancing With the Stars is pretty much guaranteed.(please, God, no. i love the show, but i don’t think i’d make it past meeting my dancing pro. #poetry) Also, I love finding people who are like me. Namely, people in their late 20’s who love One Direction. And who ship Mindy and Danny, hard. On a serious note, I like to look back at my previous posts and see how I’ve changed as a writer (not that i consider myself a serious writer. please.)
2. What is your favorite thing to cook?
I’m told my stuffed mushrooms are on point.
3. What are your holiday essentials?
Miracle on 34th Street (1994), a trip to the tree at Rockefeller Center and the windows at Lord & Taylor, a REAL Christmas tree, family, and lots of presents with my name on them.
4. If you could go anywhere, right now, where would you go?
EUROTRIP!(i’ve never even seen that movie) I would start those vacations that I talked about on day 21 of Blogtober.
5. What was/is your favorite subject in school?
When I was a kid, it was always English or Social Studies.
6. What is your favorite holiday memory and/or tradition?
There’s a house owned by a funeral home close to where I live that does a huge light display every year. They stopped for a while, but all of a sudden, they started it again. My mom and I have made a tradition to go and see it. It’s basically the same every year, but by the time we go it’s not too crowded so it’s nice to just stand and look at it because you always find something new.
7. What are some of your guilty pleasures?
Growing Up Gotti, I guess. If I like something, I don’t care what other people think. So, no guilt in my pleasures.
8. If you could pick another name for yourself what would it be?
It took me so long to like my name that I don’t think I could ever give it up. But, to answer the question, when I was about 12, I wanted to be called Heather.
9. If I handed you a $100 dollar bill what is the first thing you would buy?
I don’t even know! I’ve been dying to go to the top of the Empire State Building but it’s kind of expensive so I’d probably put it away for when the weather gets warmer. Then I’d probably forget that’s what I wanted it for and spend it at Sephora.
10. Who is one of your favorite bloggers?
I love Heather (pure coincidence) at Dooce and Jenny at The Bloggess. They were the first blogs I read when I really started thinking about blogging. Notice the question said one blogger. Clearly, I’m a rule follower.
11. What is (or some of) your must have beauty essentials?
A really good moisturizer, a really good eye cream, bright lipstick, mascara, and either the Naked 1 or Naked 3 palette.
My second nomination came from Kristine over at Breakfast with Bentley. Thanks so much! Also, I just realized that you live on Long Island so, hey neighbor (kind of)!
Her questions were:
1. What’s the story behind your blog name?
I wanted something cute but that would fit my content. I had a few names picked out but either they were already taken (rude) or, after thinking about it, they just didn’t fit. Fun fact: this blog was almost called “Lipsticked” because I thought I was going to focus more on beauty things. I still really like the name but have no use for it right now. It would be a great name for a television show so if anyone uses it, I expect credit. Anyway, I named the blog and started writing. After a few posts, my uncle said to me “So, I saw your little splashes on the internet” and I was like “OMG it totally fits!”
2. What are your top three favorite blogs/bloggers?
I mentioned Dooce and The Bloggess in the last set of questions. I also really like Thought Catalog, which turns out to be a WordPress blog. who knew?
3. How long have you been blogging?
Next month my little blog turns a year old!
4. What did you want to be when you grew up? And what profession are you in now?
Right now, I’m working part time and looking for a full time job. I’m not even getting into it. I wrote about my dream jobs during Blogtober, so I’ll post that link here.
5. What is your favorite thing to do to unwind?
At the end of a long day, I like to paint my nails and watch Youtube videos.
6. What do you love most about blogging?
I answered that in the first set of questions. Check out number 1!
7. If you could go on one dream vacation, where would you go?
My blogtober post on this subject is linked in the first set of questions at number 4.
8. If you could have dinner with any famous person (dead or alive) who would it be and why?
Oh man. There’s just sooo many people. I’m trying to think of a loophole around the one person rule, but I can’t think of one. Except that this is my answer on my blog so I’ll just throw a dinner party. I’d invite Joan Rivers, One Direction, the Backstreet Boys, Leonardo Dicaprio, Prince Harry, Prince William with Kate and the kids, Meryl Streep, Anne Hathaway, Melissa McCarthy, Mindy Kaling, Robin Williams, Frank Sinatra. Oh, there’s definitely more, but we’d be here all day.
9. What is the best piece of blogging advice you have received? What was the worst?
I’m going to go with the nugget I got from the lady in The Taco Shop in the West Village in the cat sweater, “nobody gives a shit about your kid or your cat. write about what you think.” I don’t think I’ve ever gotten bad blogging advice.
10. Do you have any pets? Tell us about them!
I don’t have any pets now. My first pets were two fish named Frick and Frack (I was destined to be a BSB fan). I also had a few hermit crabs. And a goldfish that was part of a centerpiece from a Sweet 16 I went to. He lived for about a year and a half.
My questions are:
1. What is in the top spot of your Christmas (holiday) list?
2. Who is your favorite One Direction member? If you don’t like them, who is your favorite member of your favorite band?
3. Instagram or Facebook?
4. What is your most favorite TV show?
5. What part of the Thanksgiving meal are you most looking forward to?
6. Can you keep up with the Kardashians?(I most definitely cannot)
7. Big city or small town?
8. Do you ever regret you decision to blog?
9. How did you come up with your blog name? (I know I was asked this one already. It’s a good question!)
10. What was the last book you’ve read?
11. What keeps you motivated to blog? What keeps your creativity flowing?
Ok, now here’s some facts about me.
1. I don’t know how to skip – it usually comes out as more of a gallop.
2. I don’t like the circus. It’s got nothing to do with the clowns. It’s the smells. gross.
3. I don’t like artificial Christmas trees (for my living room, anyway), but I’m on the hunt for a small, white tree for my room. I’m going to decorate it with gold balls and call it a Kate Spade tree.
4. I’m obsessed with all things Kate Spade.(hire me, please!)
5. I went on cruise to Bermuda in July. I was so excited to be going “out of the country” or at least, “to the Caribbean” only to find out Bermuda is in fact not in the Caribbean and it is something like 660 miles away from the Carolinas. typical.
6. I was obsessed with Mariah Carey when I was little. I still really like her, but I prefer her older stuff. I think I have to draw the line at the Rainbow album.
7. The first show that I saw on Broadway was Beauty and the Beast.
8. I know I’ve mentioned this before, but seeing as today is its birthday, I’ll mention it again. The Little Mermaid is my favorite Disney movie. I can recite it pretty much word for word.
9. My mom and I are both left handed and have green eyes. We don’t know where it comes from because we’re the only ones that we know of in the family.
10. I don’t go on rides. Hence the nickname of Beanie the Benchwarmer.
11. Never have I ever been to the Statue of Liberty. I’m determined to go next summer.
Kristen – peaches & poppycock
Britney – all things britney lee
Cat – pushing play IRL
Karen – confetti and curves
Libby – honestly, libby
Rachel – the awkward addict
Lisa – queen of sparkles
Liz – beardy <3 beauty
Kimberly – p.s. remember this
Nancy – sincerely and sarcastically
Jess – love and london
woof. this is craaaazzzyy long so if you got to the end, which I hope you did because that’s where all of the lovely blogs I nominated are, I hope you’ve enjoyed it and you’ll come back for more!
Millions of thanks again to Ali and Kristine for the nominations! I really appreciate them and am glad that you’re enjoying my little blog!